How To Make A Family Tree On Google Docs?
Hello guys, I hope you are doing well. Today I am back with another interesting topic “how to create a family tree on Google Docs”? Who do not who am I? I just want to tell them My name is Akhlesh Chandra Thaledi and I am a blogger, apart from this I am a nature lover. I am always aware people about saving nature. That’s the reason I am writing this article.
A family tree is one of the best options to save your family memories for the future apart from this, by making a family tree, you can save nature also.
Here I’ll tell you the best and simple steps for making a family tree on Google Docs. You can also say Google docs family tree is the simple and easiest way to preserve your family records in a digital way.
Benefits Of Making A Family Tree
There are some benefits of making a family tree. By creating a family tree children take interest in your family history. Through a family tree, you can know very well where you are coming from, which means you know about your roots. It is very important to know where are you coming from or what your ancestors do.
Making a Family tree is so important even it is given as a project in the United States. Apart from this, by making a family tree you can save trees. You can also check your family tree from anywhere.
Step-By-Step Process To Make A Family Tree On Google Docs
Please follow the given steps for making a family tree on Google docs. Here I’ll make a simple family tree as a demo.
- First of all open Google on your system (Laptop or desktop computer).
- Go to the Google app options given just near your profile picture in the right top corner. You can check that in the given image.
- From there click on the drive option.
- As you click on Google drive, your drive will be open.
- Click on the new button given in the left corner and choose Google docs.
- After this, blank google docs will open in the new window. The picture is given below for your help.
- Now go to the insert option and choose new from the drawing option.
- After that, you will the given below window.
- Choose the shapes option to make a family tree. You can choose anyone shape according to you and start creating your own family tree.
- Choose the test option for writing on the shapes.
- Use line options to connect the family members.
- Once you connect all the family members then click on the save and close button.
- Once you click on the save and close button, your family tree will be saved on your Google drive.
- You can change your family tree name anytime from the left top corner. By default, it is saved as an untitled document.
- For changing your family tree name just click on the untitled document and write the name that you want. Here I save my family tree with the name “My Family Tree”. You can see in the below image.
This is how you can make your family tree by following simple steps.
How To Share Your Google Docs Family Tree?
The best thing about this family tree you can easily share your family tree with your family members and with your friends. Here you learn how to share your Google docs family tree.
For sharing your family tree just click on the share button given on the top right corner besides your profile picture.
As you click on the share button it will show you a pop-up window.
This time it is in restricted mode, which means no one can see your family tree or you can say that right now it is a private family tree.
For making it public so that anyone can see your family tree, just click on the drop-down button and select anyone with the link.
After changing the option, just click on the done button. Copy the link and share your family tree with your friends or family members. You can send the link to your family tree via mail.
How To Check Your Google Docs Family Tree?
For checking your family tree just open your Google drive and search for the name of your family tree. Your family tree will appear on your Google drive.
This is how you can make a family tree on Google docs with simple steps and save your nature also. I hope you enjoyed this post. For checking more interesting posts like this please follow my blog “AK Blog 360” and share with your friends so that they can also give their contribution to saving nature.
Apart from this, in my blog, you will get many interesting things like free government jobs notifications and health posts.
Kulvriksh Family Tree – First Genealogy Program Of India